Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 7

Week 7 Results... 

Week 6 weight: 188.4
Current weight: 186.7
Weekly total: 1.7 pounds lost
All time total: 11.5 lost

A lot has changed since last week! I met with my doctor for weight loss tips and she encouraged me to try a ketogenic diet. It's similar to Atkins (but safer and healthier). Basically I'm cutting almost all carbs (except veggies) and eating moderate levels of protein and high levels of fat to put my body in a "ketogenic state" where it switches from carbs as it's preferred energy source to burning fat as energy. 

My doctor said after having kids she did this diet and burned between 4 and 7 pounds per week! And since you aren't starving yourself the pounds don't pack back on the minute you switch back, as long as you stick with a healthy diet. With results like that, it was worth is for me to turn life upside down for a little while to try it!(Especially since its was a doctor who recommended it)

I started Thursday (it takes several days for your body to switch modes) and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. By Saturday my carb cravings were way down (even at a waffle breakfast!) and noticed I didn't get hungry as often. I have had a few headaches, and times when my energy was quite low (especially during the first few days) but apparently that is part of the carb/fat switch my body is making. Or it could be that I'm supposed to start my period today :)

Anyhow, I volunteer myself as the group guinea pig and if the results are great I'll post more info for those who are interested! Alternately, if you want to try it with me I can shoot you a few good websites I've found explaining the whole thing (one that is tailored for MFP, which is nice). 

I mostly stuck with my goals this week, but broke the allergy diet to eat the milk-chocolate covered strawberries my husband brought me for Valentines Day :) I also missed one workout day with how crummy I felt when I first switched. 

Food goal: Sticking to my allergy food diet and low carb goals.
Exercise Goal: 3 days cardio for 30 minutes, 2 days strength training 30 minutes 

No comments: