Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Month 2 Results and Progress Photos

Month 2 Results... 

I've been on this diet for a week now with some pretty exciting results!
Waist: down 1.75 inches down from last month- and .5 inches in the last week!
Hips: down 1.5 inches from last month- .75 in the last week!

Week 7 weight: 186.7
Current weight: 185.1
Weekly total: 1.6 pounds lost
All time total: 13.1 lost

Current

Beginning
I forgot to have the hubs snap a new photo of me yesterday morning, so I'm a day late in posting. All stats are from yesterday.


This was the first week I could really see the results I've been working so hard for! On Sunday I was able to wear a shirt that hasn't fit me for over 8 months :)

I crushed my goals this week!!!! The biggest and best part of this diet is the lack of hunger! Fat keeps you full far longer than carbs- in fact there have a been a few days when I'm not hungry enough for meals (usually I'm ravenous) allowing me to spread out my eating in a way that cuts snacking. It's been over a week since I craved carbs and I'm extending my tentative 3 week low-carb goal to as long as it takes to hit my goal weight- this is that much easier that conventional dieting!

My doctor warned me that although the number of pounds lost each week might not skyrocket, on this diet my body is continually burning fat and the inches lost will show the real progress being made (I'll be checking that weekly from now on). The way she explained it, as the fat cells so quickly empty of fat the body fills them with water (which weighs more than fat) until it is ready to let that water go. There may be weeks with big drops and weeks with none, but as long as my morning ketone test shows positive I'm burning fat. 

Food goal: Sticking to my allergy food diet and low carb goals.
Exercise Goal: 3 days cardio for 30 minutes, 2 days strength training 30 minutes 

No comments: