Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 11 Results

For the sake of my mental health I'm not weighing-in or measuring this week. The fates conspired to guarantee temporarily bad results and I think I'm better off not knowing.

The week started with a stomach bug that left me so weak I couldn't prepare my special foods and had to go off my low-carb diet in favor of toast and applesauce. After I finished with that and tried to go back on my diet I began having a different sort of stomach issue (the kind that leaves you heavier and bloated, if you know what I mean), I hit my period, and was given bad info about a meal that resulted in eating about 800 calories over my allotment... the night before weighing in. I just don't need to know. 

I'm also taking a bit of a break from my super-strict low-carb diet. I'm finding I have to keep close to 20 net carbs (carbs minus fiber) to stay in ketosis, which is really low even by low-carb standards. I've developed a bit of an aversion to my protein shakes (my only "easy" food choice). That, combined with my food allergies leaves my food choices very limited, and I'm burning out on a chunk of meat and veggies for every meal. I'll still be low-carb, but I'm adding fruit back in and more veggies, with the occasional gluten-free grain (1-2 a week). If I'm not getting great results this way, I'll switch back.

Food goal: Sticking to my allergy food diet and a lower-carb/low-sugar diet.
Exercise Goal: 3 days cardio for 30 minutes, 2 days strength training 30 minutes 

No comments: