Saturday, December 18, 2010

baby's style and potato sprouts

Briella attended her first christmas party today. Which means she got to wear the dress. The adorable princess party dress I've been waiting months to put on my sweet, chubby little girlie :) Unfortunately I have no photos, as our camera is out of commission (over the holidays! so bummed). We (and you) will have to wait on grandma to see over the top tulle and roses cuteness.

 I do have a photo of my newest favorite in my baby's wardrobe. This floral hooded jumper is by Tea Time, and I am surprised at how much I love the color plumb on her! Something about it really works with her coloring. Thanks Hansen's! I'm so excited it finally fits her :)
My other favorite is not a recent addition, but I love it so much I'm considering making a replacement when she grows out of this denim and tulle tutu from Baby Gap. It's such an adorable new spin on a classic piece.
I love dressing my girl, in case you haven't noticed :) During this "transition" stage for my body I hate buying new clothes that I hope will no longer fit in a month. So Briella has become my shopping/fashion outlet. Mommy may be wearing the same boring cardi for the fiftieth time, but at least baby can be cute :)

On another, totally unrelated, note...
Last night we had turkey and scratch mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. I reached into the bag to select roughly 1 1/2 lbs of red potatoes, and found one of them hosting an alien parasite.
I find this really gross, but oddly of fascinating. Why would God choose such a creepy way for potatoes to reproduce? I really don't know. But I do know I rocked my gluten and dairy free gravy recipe last night.

No comments: