Friday, December 3, 2010

A few more contemplations...

As I read through the book of Numbers I'm realizing again something I've known for a long time- I need to have faith in the goodness of God. I don't understand all of the laws/penalties in this book and sometimes they don't seem fair. But "fair" from my perspective doesn't really amount to much- I'm nothing but one passing life on a spinning planet in the middle of an endless universe. He is eternal, created all things, and understands all things. God has a perspective I can't comprehend behind these laws and everything that has happened in my own life, and He tells me that He is good. The question is - Will I trust Him?


Remembering also today that marital love can't be passive if it is to thrive. I should be on the offensive with my display of loving respect for my husband. How many times have I read the book "Love and Respect", been impacted, changed, and fallen back into complacency? 


How many times have I read scripture, been impacted, changed, and fallen back into complacency? 


My tendency towards self-centered instead of God-centeredness frustrates me to no end, and sometimes causes me to despair of trying. How vast His love must be to forgive me over and over. My heart has always resonated with lyrics in the hymn "Come, thou fount of every blessing"-
"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave this God I love. Take my heart Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above." 
Oh the sweet security of being sealed for, being promised heaven! I am so thankful for that promise, and so thankful for the honesty of the man who penned his heart in those words so many years ago. They are a great comfort to me.



No comments: