Thursday, December 23, 2010

What has my hope been in?

Not Christ, lately. My hope has been in the extra money we have started making, in desiring to buy a house, in finally getting to buy things. I've struggled lately with the question of why I'm so discontent with what I already have: a wonderful husband, beautiful children, a safe home, plenty of food, the ability to buy the necessaries and sometimes the un-necissaries too. But having "so much" will not make me a good wife, friend or mother, and it hasn't made me content.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
...constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the presence of God the Father.

I have a great hope- I will be spending eternity with Christ. He looked at me in my hopelessness and with my sinful mind and actions and loved me so much He became a man and died in my place. Love like that is so beyond what I can fathom, but I trust that my sin has been forgiven. I am wiped clean!!

I must hold this hope with steadfastness! It is the only thing that will never be taken from me someday- and even those things grow strangely dim when my eyes are fixed on Christ.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I understand what you are talking about. I have stuggled and still do sometimes with that too! Just keep looking up and you will be fine :) :)